My reality is that I can’t make every single day a game development day. Today I had to catch up with class work, and run various personal errands.
To maintain momentum though, I did find time to do a little bit of work on the game.
I made some UI adjustments, and thought of some possible solutions to the path finding problems mentioned the day before last — I started writing a post about the solution(s), but I’ll wait until I have something implemented to discuss it.
As for the UI adjustments, I ran the current UI on a monitor using component input, to make the XBOX scale the 720p image down to 480i, and check whether all UI components are within the safe zone. The safe area sample helps with this (which displays the red outline seen below.)
One nice thing about the orb indicators is that I can afford to cut them out of the safe area quite a bit and still display the important information to the user. In fact, you really only need to see half of an orb to know how much is in it — although I think that would be overkill.
Now to start implementing some path finding improvements, before bedtime.